Cervix Cancer in Ahmedabad
Cervical cancer occurs in the cells of the cervix; it is the lowest part of uterus which connects to the vagina. Human papillomavirus (HPV) is a sexually transmitted infection, which plays a major role in most of the cases. When exposed to HPV, the immune system usually prevents a virus. However, the virus survives for years and contributes to the process which causes some cells on the surface of the cervix cancer in ahmedabad to become cancer cells.
- Symptoms of Cervical Cancer in Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Generally, early-stage cervical cancer produces no signs or symptoms but at advanced stage symptoms of cervical cancer may include
- Vaginal bleeding after intercourse, between periods or after menopause
- Watery or bloody discharge with odor
- Pelvic pain or pain during intercourse
- Stage of cancer, other health problems, and patient's preferences decide the treatment types. Your doctor may use Surgery, radiation, chemotherapy or a combination of all.
- Cervix Cancer in Gujarat
- Early stage cancer is treated with surgery to remove the uterus (hysterectomy). A hysterectomy can cure early cervical cancer in ahmedabad, cervical cancer in gujarat and prevent recurrence but removing uterus makes it impossible to become pregnant.
- Types of Cervix Surgeries in Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Simple hysterectomy: The surgeon removes the cervix and uterus along with cancer. A simple hysterectomy is an option usually in very early stage cervical cancer.
- Radiation therapy
- Radiation therapy uses high powered energy beams as X-rays or protons, to kill cancer cells. Radiation therapy may be used alone or with chemotherapy before surgery to shrink a tumor and after surgery to kill any remaining cancer cells.
- Radical hysterectomy: In this procedure, the surgeon removes cervix, uterus, part of the vagina and lymph nodes with cancer.
- Radiation therapy is an option in the following
- Internally, by placing a device filled with radioactive material inside vagina, for a few minutes (brachytherapy)
- Both internally and externally
Premenopausal women may stop menstruating after radiation therapy if you want to get pregnant after radiation treatment, asks your doctor to preserve your eggs before treatment.
- Chemotherapy uses medications, usually injected into the vein, to kill cancer cells. Often doctors use a combination of chemotherapy with radiation therapy because chemotherapy may enhance the effects of radiation. Higher doses of chemotherapy are used to control advanced cervical cancer which may not be curable.
- Cervix cancer in ahmedabad, cervix cancer in gujarat tends to influence women initially in their 30's or over age. When caught early, cervical cancer is treated with surgery to remove the uterus, thus resulting in a high survival rate.
- Dr. Bhavna Parikh is the best Cancer Doctor in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. She is having 15+ years of experience in Cervix Cancer in Gujarat.